New York trip to Assist Hurricane Sandy Recovery
(We are planning to have transportation from UMBC's campus to the bus for students who are interested in this opportunity. Just let Rabbi Jason Klein know that you're coming.)
Who: Volunteers in good physical condition who are ages 13 and up (any volunteer under 18 must be accompanied by a parent). There is no cost to volunteer but pre-registration is required. Click here to register.
Date: Sunday, February 10
Time: 6:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Where: Meet in the parking lot at Chizuk Amuno, 8100 Stevenson Road, to travel to New York
While Hurricane Sandy may have faded from the headlines, many of our neighbors in the Northeast are still struggling to recover from the devastating storm. Jewish Volunteer Connection (JVC) was among the first to respond with volunteers traveling to the region three weeks after the storm. Recognizing the continuing need for support, JVC will take another group of volunteers to New York on Sunday, February 10. We are partnering with NECHAMA, a disaster relief organization, to help with debris removal and to tear out flooded walls, floors, cabinets and furniture for homeowners, houses of worship and community centers. This process of "gutting" is critical to save the structural integrity of these buildings and reduce the costs and challenges of rebuilding. Please join us to make a difference and support the families and communities who still face a difficult recovery ahead!
Thank you for your caring and dedication to those in need in our community and beyond!
- UMBChillel: Happy #Shavuot! http://t.co/nGdohL8h9W
- UMBChillel: I posted 30 photos on Facebook in the album "Asking, Speaking, and Pursuing" http://t.co/irXmVOesX6
- UMBChillel: Super Shabbat / Dr. Hrabowski Wednesday evening / Internships for Next School Year / Gift of Life Bone Marrow... http://t.co/h1MJtvqHMT
- UMBChillel: Super #Shabbat / Dr. #Hrabowski Wednesday evening / Internships for Next School Year / Gift of Life Bone Marrow Driv http://t.co/UeXTM6731W
- UMBChillel: Religious Queeries / Where do you Give? / Internships for Next School Year / Israel's 65th / Annual Meeting... http://t.co/ysROvU7Mq4