Purim: good and evil and masquerades
Wednesday night is the beginning of Purim, the happiest day on the Jewish calendar. Many students are headed to local Purim celebration celebrations in the evening to hear the Megillah (scroll of Esther) read. Contact Emily Boling for more info about options in the area.
Throughout the day on Wednesday, your UMBC Hillel professionals, Cara and Rabbi Jason, will be in the Commons Breezeway looking forward to talk to you about GOOD and EVIL, two themes of the day that seem to blur with one another. Come by and get a pin to wear that challenges you with questions about alcohol, sex, capital punishment, or lashon hara--evil speech.
Can't make it to the Breezeway? You can download a copy of the texts here.
Join the JSU on Thursday evening at 7 PM for a Purim Masquerade party in UC Ballrooom. Tickets are available at the Commons Info Desk or at the door.
- UMBChillel: Happy #Shavuot! http://t.co/nGdohL8h9W
- UMBChillel: I posted 30 photos on Facebook in the album "Asking, Speaking, and Pursuing" http://t.co/irXmVOesX6
- UMBChillel: Super Shabbat / Dr. Hrabowski Wednesday evening / Internships for Next School Year / Gift of Life Bone Marrow... http://t.co/h1MJtvqHMT
- UMBChillel: Super #Shabbat / Dr. #Hrabowski Wednesday evening / Internships for Next School Year / Gift of Life Bone Marrow Driv http://t.co/UeXTM6731W
- UMBChillel: Religious Queeries / Where do you Give? / Internships for Next School Year / Israel's 65th / Annual Meeting... http://t.co/ysROvU7Mq4