Why is this Sugar Different from All Other Sugars?
The Second Annual Taste Test of Coca Cola on the Eve of Passover
There is a Jewish tradition hundreds of years old for Jews of Eastern European heritage (Ashkenazi Jews) not to eat corn on Passover. There is an American tradition dozens of years old to make Coca Cola with High Fructose Corn Syrup. The cultural clash here means that at this time of the year there is a special product nicknamed "Passover Coke." Come taste both and learn about Passover and explore the "corn syrup vs. cane sugar" controversy in biology, nutrition, and American culture. Monday, April 2, from 10 until 4 in the Commons Breezeway.
- UMBChillel: Happy #Shavuot! http://t.co/nGdohL8h9W
- UMBChillel: I posted 30 photos on Facebook in the album "Asking, Speaking, and Pursuing" http://t.co/irXmVOesX6
- UMBChillel: Super Shabbat / Dr. Hrabowski Wednesday evening / Internships for Next School Year / Gift of Life Bone Marrow... http://t.co/h1MJtvqHMT
- UMBChillel: Super #Shabbat / Dr. #Hrabowski Wednesday evening / Internships for Next School Year / Gift of Life Bone Marrow Driv http://t.co/UeXTM6731W
- UMBChillel: Religious Queeries / Where do you Give? / Internships for Next School Year / Israel's 65th / Annual Meeting... http://t.co/ysROvU7Mq4